Monday, December 17, 2007

something more

It soaks into my skin like something I used to remember
Reflections of moments, fractions of a line
I can feel them etched into the palms of my hands
I’ve been here before, this state of awareness,
This raw sense of my surroundings
once oblivious to my own lifelessness
I hear the outcry from laughing walls and Cold metal bleachers
I hear the shaking gasp for something more
Dying like the pale orange sky
Fading thinly through the silhouettes of trees
And it’s so beautifulSo broken and beautiful
Something solid, it’s all that we can find
When its not even there to cradle our desperation
And calm our restless, aching hearts
Keep walking past each other, saying the same
Damn things over and over until you’ve been convinced
That you’re aliveYou’re alive?
Are you?
There’s not one day that you’re heart has stopped it’s rhythmic dancing
But your sporadic breathing and welling eyes tell the storyI
t’s a story that has always been told
words that fit into the shape of a lie
Step out of your worldly mind, the ignored hum of mother culture
That flows through your veins and sings you to sleep
Don’t you want to feel alive?
Don’t you want what you can’t imagine?
Because the sky is slowly fading
And the lies are suffocating

No comments: