Monday, December 17, 2007

in awe

Do I know You? - like a beautiful melody that the whole earth cries
You are the familiar feeling of summertime as I lay in the grass
The moon pours over me and the stars have yet to pass
Do I know You? - You are never ending with Your light
I am a rose petal drifting in your infinite rivers
Your grace fulfills me and my soul shivers
Do I know You? As the wind knows the waves
Powerful yet calming blankets it covers
Chasing the swirling sky like lovers
Could You know me? I wear such a worldly mask
Covered beautifully in perfume and lace
Deceitfully lost in this broken place
Would You know me? I’m nothing to a crowd
I scream out my name to know who I’ve become
I search in mirrors only to find myself numb
But You really love me? I cannot fathom
In high waters how could it be true
How could a rose petal mean anything to You?
Oh to love You - my life seeks Your truth
You see my heart through this choking shell
Your love echoes through the story I tell
Do I love You? - Your mercy has run so deep
I want to tell You in so many ways
I love You as the sun loves it’s rays
Oh Maker, You pour over me like honey so sweet
Your unchanging rivers run over me
You take off this mask and allow me to see
Just how wonderful life can be.

No comments: